Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's All About Him

The older I get the more aware I become that it is all about Him and not about me. The older I get the shaper becomes my focus on eternity. The older I get the more I see life as it really is. We should all grow wiser with age because the Scriptures tell us to do so "Teach us to number our days that we may apply our heart unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12). This prayer by the Psalmist should be ours as well. He sees every day as a learning experience and does not want to lose one moment of instruction from the guiding eye of Jehovah.

Instruction is all around us, but we must be wise and understanding students. We must be attentive to the details for nothing happens without a sovereign purpose, from the falling of the sparrow to the devastation of a hurricane. The sons of Adam see everything as fate, good luck, bad luck, happenstance, coincidence, or "that's just life." How sad not to be able to interpret what is being written or said. But is this not the nature of those who are blind and deaf to spiritual maters? As sons of God we must not fall into such a narrow way of thinking, trapped by human reason, which in essence is atheistic at worst and agnostic at best. Remember that it is all about Him. We are not central to the purposes of God. His glory is central. This is what I am learning the older I get. That's the way I see things.