Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Christ, My All In All

How long does it take us as believers to arrive at the truth that Christ must be everything to us? How many rugs must be pulled out from under us to regard this truth as paramount? How many dead ends streets must we travel before this truth becomes a reality? How much money will we need to make to find the futility of it all and in the end find Christ? How many disappointments must we experience in order to put our hope in Christ?

What must be removed from our lives that is keeping us from finding Christ as our all in all? When unbelievers tell me that Christ is a crutch, I take them one step further. He is not a crutch. He is a stretcher. Crutches are for people who can still limp along under their own strength. A stretcher is for someone who has no strength. No limb touches the ground for support. The Stretcher is his all in all. With regard to my opening question, I believe it takes a lifetime to learn this truth but the journey is worthy of the destination. That's the way I see things.